Library and Reading Room 1897
In 1897, the School of Dentistry building was renovated to include a Library and Reading Room. This room contained a set of 29 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica and a few key dental journals, such as the 38 volumes of the Dental Cosmos, a complete set of the Canada Journal of Dental Sciences, and some volumes of the Dominion Dental Journal. There were also a few other non-specified texts part of the collection that supported the curriculum at the time. The library was made up of items donated by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons' Board members, or items purchased with the approval of the Board. It was used by the students and faculty, but it had no one to oversee its collections or administration.