U of T Snapshots
U of T Snapshots
Images from the exhibit "THE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO: SNAPSHOTS OF ITS HISTORY" (2002)
Professor of chemistry at King's College and the University of Toronto, 1843-1880.
Commission of Enquiry, King's College, Final report of Commissioners....(1852), with bookplate of the Baldwins of Spadina
Robert Baldwin commissioned the report and this volume was probably his copy.
Announcement of lectures by George Buckland (1805-1885) to the Cranbrook Agricultural Association, 1846.
Buckland was appointed to the chair of agriculture at the University of Toronto in 1852.
Chairman of the Building Committee for University College
Frederic William Cumberland was appointed architect of University College on 7 February 1856.
Daniel Wilson was Professor of History and English Literature.
First page of the indenture of the building contract, including specifications for the construction of the foundations.
Convocation Hall, originally housed in the east wing of University College, north of the central tower
This perspective, looking north, was drawn by W. G. Storm.
Image shows the completed Chemistry Laboratory (then being used as the architects’ office), with the west end of the south wing being roofed. The photographers were Armstrong, Beere & Hime.
Commission report into the financial affairs of the University. This copy belonged to President Sir Daniel Wilson.
This view of the south side of the quadrangle, taken in the summer of 1858, show the rafters to the museum partially in place.
South front, University College under construction. Image shows the front side of the south wing east of the central tower in the summer of 1858.
These items belonged to Lash Miller who served as honorary vice-president of the UTRA from 1907 to 1910.
- U of T Snapshots