U of T Home
U of T Home
Browse Items (4083 total)
Henry Holmes Croft
Professor of chemistry at King's College and the University of Toronto, 1843-1880.
Damaged annotated copy of Elements of Algebra by John Hind, 1843
Commission of Enquiry, King's College, Final report of Commissioners....(1852), with bookplate of the Baldwins of Spadina
Robert Baldwin commissioned the report and this volume was probably his copy.
King's College. Faculty of Arts, Examination questions for the degree of Bachelor of Arts, 1845-1846.
King's College. Faculty of Medicine, Syllabus for the winter session, 1844.
Broadsheet announcing the laying of the cornerstone of King's College ceremonies, 23 April 1842.
Card giving the order of the procession or the official opening of King's College, 8 June 1843.
Announcement of lectures by George Buckland (1805-1885) to the Cranbrook Agricultural Association, 1846.
Buckland was appointed to the chair of agriculture at the University of Toronto in 1852.
King's College - Notice of tenders, 1840.
Ticket for the ceremonies for the laying of the cornerstone of King's College, 23 April 1842.
Chairman of the Building Committee for University College
Frederic William Cumberland
Frederic William Cumberland was appointed architect of University College on 7 February 1856.
Daniel Wilson was Professor of History and English Literature.
University College building contracts, 1856
First page of the indenture of the building contract, including specifications for the construction of the foundations.
Convocation Hall, originally housed in the east wing of University College, north of the central tower
This perspective, looking north, was drawn by W. G. Storm.
University College under construction
Image shows the completed Chemistry Laboratory (then being used as the architects’ office), with the west end of the south wing being roofed. The photographers were Armstrong, Beere & Hime.
Report of the Commissioners, 1862
Commission report into the financial affairs of the University. This copy belonged to President Sir Daniel Wilson.
Quadrangle of University College under construction
This view of the south side of the quadrangle, taken in the summer of 1858, show the rafters to the museum partially in place.
South front, University College under construction
South front, University College under construction. Image shows the front side of the south wing east of the central tower in the summer of 1858.
Items from the University of Toronto Rifle Association including score cards and spectacles.
These items belonged to Lash Miller who served as honorary vice-president of the UTRA from 1907 to 1910.