Library Space 1897 to present
The library has been at this location since 1958. Unfortunately, there are no photos of the library space from 1898-1959. The size of our current space is 700 square feet. Although the size of the space remained the same since 1958, the usage of the space changed dramatically with time. The type of furniture and technology additions are a reflection of how libraries are used for study and networking through time. Solitary and quiet study and reflection was the main goal of a library from 1950s-1970s. The introduction of technology, such as computers, printers, recorders and microfilms readers appears in the 1980s and continued to change with standards ever since. The 1990s saw an addition of 2 computer labs in our space, which are still in use today. Finally after our major renovation in 2018, we converted our Alumni Reading Room into a fully functional smart room, equipped with a big screen for presentation and idea sharing. Also with this renovation, we moved away from the solitary study carrells (although some of these are still available) and created a room with only large tables with 8-10 chairs each, to encourage group study and discussion. A multi-faith and meditation room is now an important part of our space, providing a much needed quiet corner for a quick break on a busy day.