The School of Practical Science offered three-year diplomas in Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Analytical and Applied Chemistry, and Mining Engineering. In 1890, a degree in Architecture was added. For students wishing to go the extra mile, the school also introduced a Bachelor of Applied Science in 1892, which required a fourth year of study and a thesis. 
Below is the timetable from the 1885-86 school year, with course schedules for all three years of the Engineering diploma. The program was so small at this time -- 23 first year students, 6 second year students, and 6 third year students -- that each year would have taken all their classes together.