The Engineering Library
The library was run by two students, with positions of Assistant Librarian and Librarian. These students were chosen by election to the Engineering Society executive.
Unfortunately, we do not have any photographs of the School of Practical Science library, but floor plans show that it was located on the First Floor of the SPS building.
Prior to being located on the first floor, as shown above, the library appears to have been situated first in the basement beside the furnace room, and then on the top floor. Alumnus A. T. Laing recalls the library's move:
There was no rendezvous for students, no supply department by the Engineering Society, and the library of the Society, still in its infancy, was cradled in a small room adjoining the furnace room in the basement. Having outgrown this space, room was provided on the top floor and the students were assigned the task of moving. It consisted of about one trip for each man carrying one book.
A. T. Liang, class of 1892 (Engineering Society. Transactions and Yearbook, 1923. p. 80)