The house connected to the Bahen Centre for Information Technology was built for Edward Marion Chadwick in 1878. From 1987 to 2000, it held offices for The Varsity newspaper, which were relocated to 21 Sussex Avenue when construction of the Bahen Centre began. The original plans for the Bahen Centre included the demolition of the historic house's north and west walls and the interior but Heritage Toronto rejected the proposed plans. As a result, the building was incorporated into designs for the Bahen Centre and fully restored. Today, this space holds the offices of the Dean of Applied Science & Engineering and is often referred to as the Dean's House.