1878: School of Practical Science
Address: Demolished (1966)
Architect: Kivas Tully
Date Completed: 1878
Additional Names: School, Skule, Little Red Schoolhouse, Little Red Skulehouse, Engineering Building
U of T's Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering had its foundations in the School of Practical Science (SPS). The School of Practical Science was established in 1873 following the passing of an act by the Ontario Government which initiated the creation of a professional school which would be dedicated to engineering education.