1904: Lassonde Mining Building
Address: 170 College Street
Architect: Francis Riley Heakes with Frank Darling (1904) with renovations completed by Baird Sampson Neuert Architects Inc. (2011)
Date Opened: 1904
Previous Names: Chemistry and Mining Building, Mining Building
Construction began in 1902 after the Ontario Government agreed to allocate funds towards the construction of a new building on College Street. This building was intended to be a new space for the University and the School of Practical Science. When the building was opened in 1904, it was called the Chemistry and Mining Building.