1909: Mechanical Engineering Building
Address: 5 King's College Road
Architect: Darling and Pearson (1909) with an addition by Allward and Gouinlock Architects (1948)
Date Completed: 1909
Previous Names: Thermodynamics Building, Hydraulics and Thermodynamics Building, Mechanical Building
Between 1900 and 1908, the number of engineering students at the University of Toronto more than tripled, creating a need for the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering to expand to support the growing student population. The Thermodynamics building opened in 1909.