Skip to main content

1931 Addition

By the late 1920s, student enrollment had increased and student space was becoming increasingly limited. With support from the Ontario Department of Mines, funding was secured to expand the Milling Building. Construction began in late 1930. When the expansion was completed in 1931, three storeys had been added along with a bridge connected to the Mining Building. [2]

South East view of the Milling Building, 1930<br />



September 5, 1930

University of Toronto Archives, A1965-0004/013 (7.60)

Construction of addition to the Milling Building, October 1930<br />



October 14, 1930

University of Toronto Archives, A1965-0004/013 (7.62)

Construction of addition to the Milling Building, November 1930<br />



November 11, 1930

University of Toronto Archives, A1965-0004/013 (7.64)

Laying the cornerstone of the Milling Building extension, November 1930<br />



November 27, 1930

University of Toronto Archives, A1965-0004/013 (7.66)

Construction of the Milling Building extension nearing completion, January 1931<br />



January 16, 1931

University of Toronto Archives, A1965-0004/013 (7.72)