Skip to main content

1948 Expansion

Facing pressure to expand, it became necessary to complete the western wing of the Thermodynamics Building, which had been left out of the original construction. In 1948, construction began based on new designs by Allward and Gouinlock. It re-opened as the Mechanical Engineering Building. [2] [5]

Mechanical Engineering Building <br />

The Mechanical Engineering Building, ca. 1949

University of Toronto Archives, B1978-0001P/010(05)